Click here to view this page in Spanish.
Haga clic aquí para ver esta página en español.
Taylor specializes in editing and polishing resumes and cover letters for friends and community members.
- applying for a new job
- re-framing your job skills
- seeking a personal rebrand
- transitioning careers
- feeling overwhelmed
Taylor will support with resume development for:
- job seekers
- career changers
- returning citizens
- kids’ portfolios
- civic engagement activities
Sessions for one document include:
- a 30-minute phone introduction
- one hour of editing time
- completed .pdf and .docx documents
- one round of comments after editing
The cost for one session is $50.00.
I accept payment in two installments:
- A 50% deposit ($25.00) is due at the time of our phone introduction. I will send you an invoice.
- From there, we stay in touch throughout the editing process.
- Once you approve the final changes, the remaining balance ($25.00) is due in advance receiving your completed .pdf and .docx documents. I will send you an invoice for the remaining balance.
- Once the transaction is completed, I will send you the completed .pdf and .docx documents.
I accept payment as cash or check, or via Venmo or Paypal.
How do I get started?
Send me an email to express interest (email@example.com).
Can you help me write my resume?
No. I intend to support you with editing your resume, not writing a resume from scratch.
What do you need from me?
To get started, I will ask that you share a .docx document of your existing resume or document. Note: it is preferable to edit a resume and cover letter as part of a job application. If there is a specific job you’re applying for, it is helpful to also have the posting for that position.
What can I expect from you?
During our phone introduction, we will discuss your career aims, your experience with writing your resume, and your goals for editing your resume. From there, through the editing process, I will support you by offering suggestions on wording, formatting, and content reduction, so that your resume fits on to one page.
Do you offer a discount?
Yes, I offer discounted rates for the following:
- personal referrals
- two documents in combination (such as a resume and cover letter)
- returning citizens
Do you offer gift certificates?
Yes, you are welcome to purchase a session for a friend or family member. However, consulting about the resume editing will be between myself and the owner of the resume. I recommend that you advise your friend/family member that they should expect to hear from me, before offering to purchase a session for them.
Send me an email with your additional questions and concerns (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Below are samples of resumes that I’ve edited for past clients. Identifying details have been changed to protect the anonymity of the client. Samples are used with the client’s permission.